As everyone knows, Instagram Reels has surged in popularity on social media by storm.
It is now more than just a mere entertaining platform – Bloggers, marketers, and even educational institutions have started to rely on Reels for broadening their knowledge to a comparatively larger user base.
And if you are also among those who engage with their audience through reels, then we have something to offer you that might prove helpful to you in producing some stunning content.
We have come with some of the best Instagram Reels editing apps, equipping advanced editing features, ease of usability, and popularity among users.
Here let’s take an overview of the same by looking at their functionalities and user experience.
WeVideo will work wonders for you, even if you are not much into editing. With its simple video editing tools, you can easily produce professional-looking videos on the go. It offers tons of stock footage and images and millions of commercially-licensed video clips, pictures, and music that you can choose to use in your videos.
The app allows users to collaborate across teams in real-time, where they can directly upload custom-branded videos on major social media platforms hassle-free. Users even get their custom version of the timeline where they can make edits to their projects whenever they want to. Overall, the app is a good choice for producing professional-looking videos without much effort.
- EASY ACCESS AND CAPTURE
- TEXT TITLES AND CAPTIONS
- AUDIO: MUSIC, SOUND EFFECTS, AND VOICEOVER
- EXTENSIVE CONTENT LIBRARY
- Limited features under the free trial
Pricing: Free to install and use; offers In-App Purchases.
KineMaster is a full-featured app with multiple powerful features that let you precisely trim and cut audio, images, texts, videos, and effects. For each video editing feature, you get a tutorial on the essential operation of that particular editing tool. Here, you get unprecedented control over the app’s features and ultimately get your idea of creation and professional-level videos on the go.
The app’s ability to allow users to alter video effects and transition with its user-friendly editing tools are worth discussing. Using its easy-to-use editing features, you can take your videos to the next level hassle-free. Once done with the editing part, you can easily share your videos on major social media platforms, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, and many more.
- Automatically apply previously used font to the newly added text
- Download and re-edit over 300 projects from the Get Projects menu
- Add music, voiceovers, sound effects, and voice changers
- Combine and edit videos, images, stickers, special effects, text, and more
- It comes with a watermark on the video
- Free to install and use
- In-App Purchases: Premium (Monthly) – $3.99; Monthly Subscription – $3.49; Premium (Annual) – $22.99
Designed by Wondershare, FilmoraGo is probably among the best apps to help you create movie shorts on the go. Here, you can fine-tune your edit, play with your effects and share it with your preferred social community in no time.
The app also lets you pick videos and photos from your phone gallery, Facebook, and Instagram to start the editing process right into the moment. Further, you can get your hands on some of the essential tools in this app, including Trim Clip, Filters, Overlays, Elements, Titles, Duplicate, Mute, Rotate & Delete, among various others.
- POWERFUL YET SIMPLE VIDEO EDITING TOOLS
- PERFECT MUSIC AND SOUND EFFECTS
- ADVANCE CAMERA FEATURES
- EASY VIDEO-SHARING AND SAVING
- The app is relatively laggy
Pricing: Free to download and use; offers In-App Purchases
4. YouCam Video
Equipped with advanced augmented reality technology, YouCam Video holds the ability to provide you with the exact type of content you’ve been wanting for your videos. The app lets its users edit portrait-style footage with an extensive range of features, such as a makeup editor, hair color changer, face shaping, filters, and photo effects, in just a single tap.
It also delivers natural-looking facial results, which you can apply in real-time and view while playing your video. With this app, you can glow up any of your videos with a collection of rich makeup styles and colors and edit them using instant makeovers, looks, hair colors, blush, and more.
- Choose video orientation: portrait, landscape, or square.
- Edit and share on your favorite social media platforms
- Edit Videos & Clips with 100+ Makeup & Video Effects
- Apply True-to-Life Hair Color to your videos
- It doesn’t provide a support button
- Free to download and use
- In-App Purchases: Premium Version (Yearly) – $23.99; Premium Version (Monthly) – $5.99
3. Adobe Premiere Rush
Used by professionals, Adobe Premiere Rush is a great video editing app one can have. It is a platform where you can showcase your creativity like a pro. Here you can shoot, create, and edit excellent videos on the go. It offers fast video editing tools where you can add different voices, sounds, titles, music, and stickers to any video – all of which are great for making your reels look creative and professional.
The app even allows users to create different customizable titles for their videos. You can easily change the video’s title’s position, style, location, motion, and duration without hassle.
Further, the app allows effortless rearrangement, mixing, canceling, and duplication of video clips, which is great for those who always look forward to speedy editing for their videos.
- EASY EDITING AND VIDEO EFFECTS
- CUSTOMISE ANIMATED TITLES
- MULTITRACK TIMELINE TO EDIT VIDEOS
- ADVANCED AUDIO TOOLS
- Graphic previews won’t load quite a time properly
- Free to install and use
- In-App Purchases: Subscription – $9.99; Monthly Premium Membership – $4.99; Annual Premium Membership – $34.99; Creative Cloud Express Monthly – $9.99; Monthly Premium Membership – $3.99
InShot has made the video editing process easier with its basic editing tools, including some of the most powerful features such as aspect ratio adjustment, cutting, splitting, speed adjustment, cropping, background color, rotation, flipping, and video reversal. Within this app, you can make all the necessary changes to your videos within a few taps, and you’ll be ready to go.
And once you’re done editing your video, you can easily export it to your preferred social platforms with high quality and frame rate. Additionally, you can customize your video with almost anything and everything with InShot.
- Easy to sync sound and video, with timeline features
- Unique effects such as glitch, noise, beats, retro DV, etc
- Use chroma key/green screen to create creative works
- Add motion to layers(text, stickers, PIP) by using the keyframe tool
- Limited features in the free version
- Free to install and use
- In-App Purchases: InShot Pro (1 month) – $3.99; InShot Pro (1 year) – $14.99
1. VN Video Editor
And the one that tops our list of Best free apps for making Instagram reels is ‘VN Video Editor.’ Ideal for beginners and even non-professionals, the apps’ ease of use and powerful integrated video solutions is all one needs to make their videos look outstanding. The app offers everything you’ll need to create professional-looking videos using your photos, videos, and music.
Further, the keyframe usage within the app is the most effective feature for panning shots and setting specific times for certain actions that have to take place, which the app will automatically perform for you. The app is great for those who love performing basic editing for their content videos.
- Humanized Interactive Interface
- Supports curve shifting
- Customize animations with keyframes or presets
- Support 4K resolution and 60 fp/s and save locally
- It doesn’t provide the ability to select multiple clips simultaneously
Pricing: Free to install and use; offers In-App Purchases
Which app is best to make Instagram reels?
VN Video Editor is indeed the best app you can use for editing Instagram Reel videos. Available for Android and iOS, it comes with powerful editing features that will ultimately help make your reels look professional and engaging.
How do I make an aesthetic reel?
Making an aesthetic reel is more about how you choose your background and perspectives about the things around you. And to that, editing will do the rest of the part. All of the above-mentioned apps are capable of providing an aesthetic outcome for your Instagram Reels.
So that was it for this article! We’ve tried to include all types of options so everyone, including those who are used to simple tools and those who prefer working with more advanced features, finds their respective match for the video editing process.
Wait no more; get ready to fulfill your editing needs with these exceptional lists of apps, and you’ll be all set to slay your reels section.