Canva is probably the most widely used designing tool out there – thanks to its vast library of different templates and layouts, which lets users experiment with images and videos for their social media channels.
However, not everyone finds the editing tools offered by Canva handy.
For instance, sometimes, the design you download from Canva won’t appear the same as before downloading. Well, you may have your logical reason for not using Canva.
Apps like Canva for iPhone
So, if you’re looking for Canva alternatives, you’ve arrived at the right place.
Below, we have put together a list of the seven best Canva alternatives you can use to create the right design for your brand, no matter your graphic editing needs.
1. Creative Cloud Express
Creative Cloud Express equips an impressive collection of features and is an excellent alternative to canva.
Although it’s a part of the Adobe suite, it doesn’t include tedious editing tools, unlike Photoshop or InDesign.
The apps’ subscription plan is far cheaper than canva, and it offers premium features at a supremely affordable range.
Here, you get access to a great library of templates for unique designs, including options for social media, photo collages, presentations, and more.
The free version of the app offers thousands of free icons and images and unlimited access to making social and marketing designs; however, the Creative Cloud Express logo comes alongside.
- Resize with just a tap and share directly to any social platform
- Apply text effects
- Animate video posts and share to social stories
- With thousands of effects, filters, textures, and overlays, get the Photoshop-quality look you want.
- Easy to use interface
- Massive library of images and assets
- Get results very quickly
- Faces occasional bugs
- Limited amount of video content
Free – 14 DAY FREE TRIAL with access to all features
Membership – $9.99 per month for access to premium templates, branded templates, personalization, and watermark removal options.
VistaCreate is a popular graphic design platform that allows users to engage in projects for any industry or occasion quickly.
With a wide range of features to choose from, including an extended library of royalty-free photos, videos, and graphics, background removal tools, typography, and color palettes – one can easily keep up with their projects constantly.
Within a few clicks, you can use the apps’ pre-built templates to make your social media, blogging, animation, advertising, and marketing platform even more engaging.
As the images within this app are specifically designed for social media posts, ad graphics, and covers for popular channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, all you’ll get in the end is the desired output for your project without much effort.
- Access to 32,000+ professionally-designed templates
- Tune with the latest design and marketing trends
- Find content for every occasion
- Engage audiences with animation
- Provides professional templates
- Easy to use edit features
- Impressive animation content
- Limited library of photos
- Lacks basic alignment settings
- Limited animation and templates
The app offers all of its editing features free of cost.
3. GoDaddy Studio
No matter what you need is – whether you want to create a logo, flyer, poster, or edit photos, GoDaddy Studio has got your back.
Here, you can make stunning graphics, professional ads, branded content, business cards, and stories with the most easy-to-use tools.
The apps’ recently added Remove Background tool is indeed the most applauded one – it allows you to cut out the subject in your photo in just a single tap, giving you a professional-looking output.
And if you’re someone who likes creating memes, then there’s something for you here. You can easily add text to your photos, make surprising memes and directly share them on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and TikTok.
- Logo maker with over 67,000 ready-to-use graphics
- Poster and flyer maker with a selection of over 500 fonts
- Unlimited access to a large selection of stock images
- New design templates for your creative canvas are available daily
- Create and add fonts
- Allows you to share images on all significant popular social media sites
- It offers a number of editing tools
- It doesn’t provide a sufficient amount of editing tools
- No custom sections
Subscription options: $14.99 per month and $99.99 per year for getting access to premium content.
Unfold offers more than 400+ templates that you can equip within your content to make it look even more engaging.
There are plenty of minimalistic, elegant templates that you can directly use in your photos and videos for achieving exceptional results.
And that’s not it! Apart from offering beautiful templates, the app also has unique fonts and advanced text tools that you can apply to your photos and videos to reach your audience in the most enthralling way.
All in all, Unfold is indeed a beautiful app that you can have on your device to beautify your images and videos automatically.
- Create with template collections like Film
- Plan and preview your Instagram Feed
- Make a Bio Site for your new link in bio
- Edit your content with filters and effects
- No login required
- Easy navigation
- Save stories in the app
- Easily rearrange story pages
- Font options are limited
- It does not offer transitional effects when shared on Instagram
- Color options are limited
- Free – 7-day free trial
- Subscription – $4/month or $26.50/year membership for greater levels of customization.
5. A Design Kit
A Design Kit is a versatile photo editing app that lets you add modern, colorful designs to your photos hassle-free.
The best tool you can access within this app is the realistic brushes; they work like real brushes and allow you to draw whatever you want effortlessly.
The apps’ interface is super clean, where you can learn to navigate the tools with proficiency and ultimately take full advantage of its features.
And once you’re done creating your piece of art, you can easily share the images and videos to the app’s feed or directly to other social media or digital platforms, including Facebook, Snapchat, WhatsApp, email, or text.
- 200+ designs
- A TON of stickers
- 200+ collage scans
- Backgrounds and textures, including metallics, gradients, marble, and speckles
- Offers realistic brushes
- Packs and themes are amazing
- Allows saving and re-editing your designs
- The app crashes sometimes
- The layers feature does not work always
- Free – Get access to everything under the app’s free plan
- Membership – USD 23.99 per year or $3.99 per month for getting unlimited access to all our brushes, textures, texts, designs, stickers, and collages.
Want to put attention-grabbing text over your images and videos, then Typorama should be your ultimate choice. Here, you can create stunning typographic designs by following simple steps.
To get started, all you need to do is select a background and start typing your message. The app will then provide you with many typographic layouts with different font and typeface options.
Additionally, you can even get your hands on some advanced text tools and premium editing features within the app and get transforming results from your images and videos.
- More than 50 different, randomly generating typographic text styles
- About a hundred different fonts and typefaces from the world’s top designers
- Badges, ribbons, curved text, and artistic ornaments enrich your designs
- Ability to 3D distort, apply gradient colors, shadows to your text
- Intuitive User Interface
- Very secure to use
- Text on Photo Editor is very convenient
- The subscription plan is quite expensive
- Annoying watermark
- Sometimes the app support is slow
- Free – Access to every feature that’s included under the free plan
- Subscription – Unlock Everything – $5.99; Typorama PRO – $14.99; Typorama PRO Monthly – $2.99; Random Blocks TextStyle – $0.99; Remove Typorama Logo – $4.99.
Yet another convenient canva alternative on our list would be VSCO – its popular photo editing and media sharing app that offers standard editing tools, such as white balance, exposure, contrast, as well as a sampling of the available presets.
The app suggests a preset for each quite overwhelming photograph for someone new to the editing world.
Here, users can also follow other members to see their content on their feed and even communicate through private messaging.
The app contains a massive collection of professional photographs, editorial, and creative images and always updates its feed with innovative unique tools.
- Use advanced photo editing tools like HSL and Split Tone
- Weekly photo Challenges exclusive to your VSCO membership
- Access Premium VSCO presets and advanced editing tools
- Create an eclectic range of customized gel colors and double exposures
- Number of presets to edit photos
- Achieve professional-looking results
- Share photos with the VSCO Grid community
- Simple user interface
- Pay for every pack
- Sometimes take a while to load up
- Free – 7-day free trial
- Subscription – $1.67 per month or $19.99 per year for unlimited access to all features
What app is similar to Canva?
All the apps as mentioned above are similar to Canva. They offer versatile graphic design tools that you can use to make your projects stand out.
Is Canva or Design Kit better?
Canva offers advanced design features, whereas Design Kit better focuses on easy-to-use tools. So if you are not much into using editing tools, Design Kit better’s simple UI will do the work for you.
Which one is better VistaCreate or Canva?
Canva is a premium graphic design app equipped with many integrations and editing capabilities. On the other hand, VistaCreate is majorly suited to those interested in designing animated graphics. With VistaCreate, one can download five designs every month.
As mentioned above, all these apps offer similar features to canva. With their extensive collection of data visualization templates, you would probably get the best output from your preferred project.
So choose your app of interest and get access to several premium templates, photos, and other assets on the go.